Peace at Home Family Shelter Needs List
This list includes items needed by the shelter as well as items women need when they leave the shelter to establish their own homes away from their abusers.
BOLD type indicates items that are in critical need.
- Baby wipes
- Twin and full sized sheets (new or gently used)
- Trash bags
- Coffee mugs
- Kitchen accessories (floor mats, oven mitts, potholders, pitchers, storage containers)
- Batteries (AA and AAA)
- Full size bottles of shampoo and conditioner
- Towels (bath and hand towel size)
- Dish sets
- Cleaning supplies for women’s new homes and for the shelter- eg. dish soap, bleach, antibacterial wipes, laundry detergent, etc….
- Cooking utensils (spatulas, wooden spoons, etc.)
- Can openers
- Baby items- tearless shampoo, lotion, oil, diaper rash cream, etc.
- Hair dryers
- Bras (all sizes in A, B, and C cups)
- Women’s panties (sizes 5 through 8)
- Diapers (all sizes)
- Pull Ups
- African American hair products
- Miscellaneous medicines- antibiotic cream, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Aleve, allergy meds, Dramamine, cough drops, lice treatment, Pepto Bismol (child and adult) and children’s meds.
- Vacuum cleaners
- Gift Cards- Wal-Mart/Target- good for gas, prescriptions, and other expenses we can’t cover! Small increments better eg. $10, $15, $20.
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Non-perishable Food items
Please contact us at 479-444-8310 for more information on in-kind donations to the shelter.