Peace at Home Family Shelter Needs List
This list includes items needed by the shelter as well as items families need when they leave the shelter to establish their own homes away from their abusers.
- Body wash
- Hair ties/clips
- Hair products – gel, mousse, African American hair products, curl creams, etc
- Women’s underwear (sizes XS – M)
- Hair brushes
- Baby supplies – baby wipes, diapers, baby shampoo, bottles, pull ups
- Twin and full sized sheets (new or gently used)
- Batteries (AA and AAA)
- Full size bottles of shampoo and conditioner
- Towels (bath, hand, and washcloth sized)
- Cleaning supplies for women’s new homes and for the shelter- dish soap, bleach, antibacterial wipes, laundry detergent
- Hair dryers
- Miscellaneous medicines- antibiotic cream, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Aleve, allergy meds, Dramamine, cough drops, lice treatment, Pepto Bismol (child and adult) and children’s meds
- Gift Cards- Wal-Mart/Target- good for gas, prescriptions, and other expenses
- Paper towels
- Toilet paper
- Non-perishable food items
Needs list donations can be dropped off at the Peace at Home Thrift Store at 1200 N Garland Ave during donation hours – 10am-5pm Tues-Sat.
Please contact us at 479-444-8310 for more information on in-kind donations to the shelter.